Monday 10 February 2014

Just a little bit Tattered!

On Saturday I returned to Pickwell Farm in Netley, Southampton to run a workshop in the morning and then repeat it in the afternoon.

For those of you that are nearish to Southampton, you really need to pay this place a visit, they have so much under one roof (so to speak!) Pickwell Farm is a family run business where you can Pick Your Own fruit & veg (depending on the seasons), it is a farm shop, a garden centre and best of all, a craft shop!!!


So, what did we get up to? Well, as some of you know I love my dies, Spellbinders, Memory Box, Cheery Lynn, Joanna Sheen to name but a few and some of you will have seen that I like to treat my dies like Clarity Stamps i.e I try to make patterns with them or do something different with them, think outside the box!

So Carolyn asked me if I could do a workshop with some Tattered Lace dies and whatever other products I wanted to use. I had seen the lovely Steph and Nancy on Create & Craft with them and I thought to myself, do I really need another set of dies to add to my ever increasing stash, so I did some looking around to see what everyone was saying about them and all I could find was positive feedback, from comments about how intricate they were, how many uses they had and more importantly how easily they cut and how easily the card came out of the die, so I bit the bullet and purchased the Florentine Special offer from Create & Craft whilst waiting for Carolyn to send me some dies to use - the special offer consisted of all of these lovely dies



So when they arrived (which was 3 days from the day of ordering!) I had a quick play and was totally blown away at how, despite being so intricate they cut through my 300gsm card stock like butter! Again, for those of you that know me and for all you fellow crafty addicts, you will know that I have one or two diecutting machines:
  • Cuttlebug
  • Grand Calibur
  • X Cut
  • Artisan
  • Ebosser
My favourite machine at the moment, is my Artisan, which I purchased from my good friends at Oyster Stamps in Rochester over a year ago - I love so many things about this machine, small, compact, extra pressure, manly looking!


Okay, so this is turning into a bit of a ramble and you may already have fallen asleep, so come back tomorrow to see what I did with these dies that Carolyn sent me:




together with some images from the Fabulous Fashion/Shoes/Giftware CD Roms from Katy Sue Designs

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Paul! We had a fab time on Saturday morning at your workshop at Pickwell Farm! Absolutely loved the dies and the projects we ended up with. I did decoupage all the layers once I got home. x Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your going to make us wait another day, shame on you Paul, but I so agree with you they are really gorgeous dies, I love them and have got quite a collection now. Looking forward to seeing the masterpieces. June xxx

    ReplyDelete